Paradise Sound System represents an exciting new gateway for independent South African artists to showcase their live performance on a global scale – and make their live recordings available across streaming, monetization and download platforms worldwide.
The first edition of Paradise Sound System will take place from January 28th to 30th at the legendary JazzWorx Studios in Johannesburg, South Africa. This inaugural programme will feature both raw talent and select indie A-Listers – all kickstarting 2020 by tapping into new revenue streams and creating original live show content for added fan engagement across social media channels.
Paradise Sound System looking for 10 artists to get involved. If that is you then all you need to do is complete the online form and wait for a call of your life.
An important part of this one-of-a-kind initiative is a workshop that will take place during Paradise Sound System’s week-long Johannesburg run. Its aim is to address key issues currently facing independent South African artists – especially those wanting to develop a global business and explore options for untapped revenue models in 2020 and beyond.
If you are not yet performance ready, or do not get selected this time around, dont stress about it the Paradise Sound System is offering a FREE workshop on the 30th of January with the hopes of helping independent African artists to know their rights, understand revenue collection, build brands and become audience growth pros.
More information on this will be communicated to you following your registration.
Deadline for submission: 20 January 2020
Announcement of participants: 22nd January 2020
Before you sign up for Paradise Sound System (performance), please review the below information carefully:
The idea behind Paradise Sound System is that we record your visual and audio show in the most professional way possible in order to make these recording available across Spotify, Apple Music and TIDAL. This is a great way to kick start your new year, add some awesome content to an upcoming Album, Single or EP release or have a professionally recorder live show to pitch to promoters. This first Paradise Sound System edition has a vision of developing your project step by step, and doing an innovative approach for Indie Africa.
In order to participate in Paradise Sound System, please be sure to tick all below boxes relating to your performance:
– Artists are required to perform at least 2 original songs (ie: not a remix or cover version)
– These songs haven’t been released on any platform before (with the exception of Soundcloud)
– Performing agrees to deliver all relevant data on the composition and lyrics (Clean Metadata)
Reasons for above mentioned:
– If remixes are performed, we would need to secure licence from the rights holder which is often a long process
– We are looking for new, exciting material to support and distribute. All track performed to be unreleased, fresh material.
What will you get?
– 1 x Live performance video edit (2 cam set up)
– 1 x Shout out video teaser for the promotion of your video before you decide to release it
– 3 x Mastered live songs (at the very least) which we will work with you to distribute worldwide and create a bespoke distribution plan with in collaboration with our offices in Berlin and San Francisco + the local team in South Africa.
Release your music without a label, stay independent! Keep your Rights. No Subscription.
Show Comments (0)